Human Nature Project
The goal of this project is to improve the chances that man will discover how to live with his kind in peace and tolerance, creating a free, stable environment before he blows up or causes irrevocable damage to the planet.
Once he figures out the necessary rules of conduct, the next step would be to figure out how to enforce these rules while preserving maximum individual and group freedom of thought and action.
Some illustrative examples of these traits:
- Basic need of all life to preserve and advance its kind.
- Man as a social animal - more cultural than instinctive.
- Education of the young is mandatory to pass on the culture.
- Trait to be cooperative may be stronger than trait to be competitive
- Man can only feel one emotion at a time. Given a choice, most people are able to choose the better alternative. Envy vs. friendship/goodwill leads to:
- competition vs. cooperation
- aggression vs. harmony
- war vs. peace
- After economic stability is reached, status becomes most important.
- Trading as a basic activity of man.
- Reciprocal altruism.